Using the website:
You can use the website to check the status of the laundry machines at Random Hall. Free means that
the machine is detected as off and available for you to use. Busy means the machine is currently
being used by someone else. 💔 means the machine is currently broken and shouldn't be used.
You can also use the website to send you an email when a laundry machine becomes free. You can click
on the machines to select them or select "Washers" or "Dryers" to select all washers or dryers
respectively. You can then check "first" to get notified when the first machine of the ones selected
becomes free. You can check "each" to get notified when each selected machine becomes free. Note you
can also select free laundry machines, which will notify you the second time they bacome free.
Click on Ozok!
Using the washers:
- Clean out your pockets. Nothing but clothes go in these washers.
- Load your laundry and select the appropriate settings. When you turn the dial idealized settings
- Use your own high efficiency detergent. They are appropriately labeled so just follow the
instructions on the bottle. A medium load will fill half the viewing window. Pour the detergent
into the “Main Wash” box. For the middle washer you pour directly with your clothes.
- Hit play and note the time approximation to move your laundry on time.
- Don’t set on the washers. Don’t try to fix the washers.
- When the machine is done remove the moist clothes. If you’re removing another resident’s load,
place it inside one of the provided baskets.
- Occasionally you will come down during the laundry chairs’ weekly cleaning hour, where we clean
out the machines to prevent any residue buildup. For optimal cleanliness. We need to leave the
machines open to dry for a bit afterwards. Signs will be posted, just come back later.
Using the dryers:
- Clean the lint from the filter before and after you turn on the dryer.
- Hit play and note the time approximation to take your laundry on time.
- Don’t set on the dryers. Don’t try to fix the dryers.
- When the machine is done, take your laundry out, and clean the lint filter. Don’t take the
laundry baskets to your room.